Site Safety Lead Kusile
Engineering construction firm completing Kusile project requires site safety lead to report to SHEQ Director and to complete the project successfully.
The successful candidate profile:
- Collaborates with the Client, SHEQ Director, and Construction Managers etc. in establishing annual goals that fully support an approach of "Zero Harm" that promotes initiatives for health, safety, environment excellence for both site and
- Manage, coach, mentor HSE personnel in providing a HSE function, support and service to the respective site(s).
- Ensure that respective Director and Construction Managers are ware of relevant Safety and Environmental Statutory compliance requirements and that they have systems in place to ensure
- Liaise with the HSE Officers to ensure that a successful Incident management plan is developed in a timely manner and in accordance with the relevant statutory requirements. This is not only limited to only leading the incident
- Liaise with the Site Manager and SHEQ Director in the development and review of relevant safety and environmental strategies to manage areas of non-compliance
- Ensure that site safety and environmental reporting, data collection and statistical analysis is presented to the Site Management and other interested stakeholders in a timely manner as required within the organization and respective projects.
- Provide guidance and support to HSE officers on site in the development, implementation, testing and review site Emergency Management plan as well as the required processes and
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of both HS & E Plans as well as corrective
- Ensure the Development and distribution of monthly HSE reports, presentations and provide details as regards workplace injury statistics, new initiatives and system
- Advise management of any system / project changes to ensure tasks are undertaken safely and comply with internal and external
- Leading and evaluating all subcontractor Health, safety & environmental performances
- Advising management on legal and safety rules compliance and best practices
- Manage communications between injured employees, their management and medical providers to ensure that all parties are aware of rights, responsibilities and recovery
- Coordination of training for all HSE personnel on site, this is not only limited to inductions abut also training provided by external services
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
- Mandatory H&S qualification or equivalent - degree / diploma
- SAMTRAC, Modern SHEQ Management or NEBOSH
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Incident Investigation or Root Cause Analysis Technique
- COID Act: OHS Act and Construction Regulations: Emergency Preparedness Training
- H&S Coordination
- Environmental recognized training: First Aid Certificate
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in Health & Safety Role in Construction, Power or Oil and Gas site, with at least 5 years as a EHS Site Safety Lead/Manager within construction site.
- Mandatory SACPCMP Registration as a SHE Professional
- Sound understanding of HSE legislative requirements.
- Proficient at using and generating documents with MS Word, Excel and
Please note that this role is NOT permanent.
Only successful/hortlisted candidates will be contacted