STCW ENGINEERING CADET WORKSHOPS TRAINING PROGRAMME
What is the STCW Engineering Cadet Workshops Training Programme?
The STCW Workshops Training Programme is for learners wishing to pursue a career at sea as an Engine Cadet, leading to the qualification of Engineer Officer of the Watch (foreign going). The 7 month programme covers the following:
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
- Sheet Metal and Pipes
When will it be held?
The programme will run from May 2017 to December 2017. Applicants who successfully pass the workshops program, and who meet all the requirements, will be eligible for the ‘National Cadet Training’ program.
Who can apply?
Mechanical Engineering learners meeting the following criteria:
- Must have completed S2 Mechanical Engineering at a University of Technology including the following subjects: Fluid Mechanics 2, Mechanics 1, Thermodynamics 2, Drawing 1, Maqthermatics 1, Electrotechnology 1 OR N5 at a TVET College including the following subjects: N3 Drawings, N4 Engineering Science, N4 Mathematics, N4 Mechanotechnics, N5 Power Machines, N3 Industrial Electronics and N4 Electrotechnics (advisable)
- Under the age of 25.
- Must have passed a SAMSA medical and eye sight test.
- Must be unemployed and unsponsored.
- South African citizen.
What will the TETA sponsorship cover?
- Tuition Fees for the full Workshops program
- Accommodation if reside out of Cape Town
- A monthly Learner allowance
Where do you apply?
- Submit your CV plus your latest academic results to email@example.com no later than 28 February 2017.
All applicants will have to complete an aptitude test and undergo an interview before the final selection is made.