A vacancy exists in the Secunda for a Structural Technician. The candidate will focus primarily on work in industrial plants (Oil & Gas, Chemical and Power Generation Plants) and above ground mining infrastructure. The main function of the candidate will be to take part in civil and structural engineering aspects of several small operation support projects simultaneously.
- Project coordination and client liaison.
- Planning and management of the engineering aspects of projects, in terms of scope, time, cost and quality.
- Visual inspections and integrity assessments of existing civil and structural components of industrial plants and mining infrastructure.
- Engineering and design development, including producing drawings in CAD.
- Technical aspects of construction contractor appointment and management.
- Technical support and Quality Assurance during construction.
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Min 3 years' experience after obtaining diploma.
- Registered with ECSA as Technician in training.
- Experience in heavy industrial and/or mining industries is recommended.
- Proficiency in Microstation and/or AutoCAD will be an added advantage.