A vacancy exists in Secunda for a Structural Technologist. The candidate will focus mainly on work in industrial plants (Oil & Gas, Chemical and Power Generation Plants) and above ground mining infrastructure. The main function will be to manage and coordinate civil and structural engineering aspects of several small capital expansion and operation support projects simultaneously.
- Project initiation, coordination and client liaison.
- Planning and management of the engineering aspects of projects, in terms of scope, time, cost and quality.
- Engineering and concept design development, including producing drawings in CAD.
- Detail design, including preparation of construction drawings, using CAD.
- Technical aspects of construction contractor appointment and management.
- Technical support during construction.
- B Tech in Civil (Structural) Engineering.
- Min 5 years' experience after obtaining B Tech qualification.
- Registered with ECSA or eligible to register.
- Experience in heavy industrial and/or mining industries would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microstation and/or AutoCAD.