Technical Sales Engineer
The main purpose of this job is the management of the business development process which involves the creation of strategic partnerships for increasing customer satisfaction through direct sales techniques, cold calling and business to business marketing visits. It also includes the active identification of new and key opportunities within the industry, that maximizes business' offering.
Relevant Diploma (Preferably Engineering)
Internationally recognized Sales & Marketing qualification / Certification.
Minimum of 5 years cumulative technical sales experience in the engineering / construction / power generation / oil and gas / industry with exposure to process and/or boiler plant.
Knowing the clients market, business objectives and strategies, value chain, needs and key business drivers.
- Alignment of business planning with the mid to long term client needs and strategy.
- Creating a value proposition aligned with the client requirements.
- Develop and sustain relationships with the clients' key decision makers and facilitate relationships on senior and executive level.
- Knowing competitors strengths, weaknesses and business strategy.
- Management of CRM system.
- Ensuring all Sales opportunities are captured on CRM and timeously updated.
- Client IQ analysis.
- Competitor IQ analysis.
- Risk analysis.
- Secondary contact on ALL accounts.
- Representation at sales meetings.
- Devise strategies to achieve sales target
- Presentation of forecasts for annual budget.
- Compiles monthly sales report.
- Analyses monthly sales and prepares monthly forecasts.
- Sales planning.
- Registers and identifies business opportunities