Technology Equipment Engineering Manager
The incumbent will manage the overall development, supply and installation of all technology equipment focusing on strengthening the company's leading global market position and satisfying their customers.
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Engineering. A professional certification e.g. Pr.Eng/Pr.Tech shall be advantageous.
- Relevant certificates and diplomas in mechanical draughting.
- Relevant post graduate qualifications albeit technical, management or business related could be advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with design, contracts and clients in the pyrometallurgical industry.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience at an engineering management level within a profit- target driven environment.
- Experience in contract management, engineering, costing/cost control, HAZOP, SHERQC and multi-disciplinary construction of submerged arc furnaces and other pyro metallurgical projects.
- Experience in the interaction with Clients both on site and in formal office settings e.g. meetings, design reviews, etc.
- Knowledge required:
- Multi-disciplinary furnace equipment design and application in large furnaces.
- Customers' contact personnel (especially where client technology equipment is installed or can be installed).
- An in-depth understanding of pyrometallurgical furnace design and layout encompassing all aspects of the process flow i.e. from the charging system to the furnace proper, the electrode columns, high current systems and tapping equipment.
- An in-depth understanding of ancillary equipment supporting the operation of pyrometallurgical furnaces including, but not limited to, cooling systems, gas cleaning and post-tap hole handling.
- A working knowledge of metallurgical operations and processes.
- A working knowledge of the pyrometallurgical production environment. Previous operational experience will be advantageous.
- Local and international suppliers'/competitors' competencies and capabilities.
- The principles of FEA and CFD modelling.
- Budgeting principles and control.
- MS office suite and other computer applications.
- Latest project management systems and software.
- Manufacturing and construction standards in South Africa and abroad.
- Relevant legislation OHS, MHSA, COID and Environmental Conservation Acts.
- Construction management, safety, quality and programming