- Supporting the business to achieve its strategic objectives through the development and implementation of logistics, shipping and storage management best practices.
- To ensure the profitability of the trading desk, take overall responsibility for the execution of contracts and trades through the operational and admin support teams and to manage risk effectively.
- Playing a strong business development role from a trade support and sales perspective and providing ongoing support to the company to enable the company to achieve its production, revenue and profitable targets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Degree (Marketing Management/ Logistics/ Economics). Post graduate qualification advantageous.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience with exposure to production, business relationship management, logistics, product development and team management.
Revenue and Profitable Targets:
- Provide input into and implement agreed trading strategies.
- In conjunction with trading heads, price cargoes, manage stocks, analyse shipping and forecasting and apply judgement to take and manage a position.
- Take responsibility for the planning, procurement and shipping of palms/soft oil into company's processing facilities.
- Assist with factory planning and ensuring a steady supply of raw materials to meet production targets.
- Assist with the planning and providing of consumer packed products.
- Apply innovation in assisting with product development.
- Assist with sales of exported products (e.g. to Zimbabwe and Zambia).
- Ensure ongoing stock availability.
- Manage warehouses of imported products.
- Provide information/prices to sales team of consumer packs.
Key Account Management:
- Analyse client forecasts and reconcile with invoiced quantities to able to identify and plan for their upcoming needs.
- Continually liaise with clients, applying flexible and judgement in adjusting plans where possible around their needs.
- Negotiate contracts with new clients introduced by the Sales Representative.
- Manage key accounts for the sales of oils coming into SA for frying and further processing.
- Engage with the relevant stakeholders to build strong relationships, resolve ongoing issues and manage their frustrations, holding the bigger picture vison in mind
- Be proactive in building and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders for the benefit of the business, practically in terms negotiating priorities and outcomes.
- Co-ordinate administration for outbound products generates contracts and track trades to be able to determine the position.
- Manage trading positions across all contracts based on margin, customer demand, logistics and supply constraints.
- People Management:
- To ensure all people management is executed to the company practices and values, in terms of recruitment, training and development.
- To ensure effective risk management and internal control, including asset management, for area of responsibility.
- Maintain awareness of the risk landscape (e.g. trading risk, currency risk, and logistical risk and contract risks) in order to be able to manage, mitigate and pre-empt risks where possible.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of current risk frameworks and were and how they could be enhanced.
Health, Safety, Environment, Quality (HSEQ):
- To ensure constant adherence and compliance to company HSEQ and security standards, local by-laws, standards and legislation so as to maintain all risk pertaining to company assets and protection of life.