Trader - Interest Rate Options
- Understand key competitors, global trends, industry dynamics and key macro environmental forces to analyse and identify desk opportunities and threats.
- This includes participation and involvement with industry/regulatory forums (where relevant)
- Understand the impact of economic indicators eg. current account, inflation, policy rates, exchange rates, emerging markets, global influences (eg.oil prices) to establish a best-fit position for the desk to effectively trade risk
- Build pricing models that are integrated and relevant in order to establish the fair value of desk product/s
- Build multi-dimensional "what-if" scenarios to establish desk positions
- Understand the evolving product segment needs in the allocated geography to share information, trade ideas and opportunities that are relevant and bespoke
- Rely on the company and other market economic views to formulate desk tactics for the assigned product/s across the geography to enable improved revenue growth
- Manage desk profitability in line with the desk mandates (includes all relevant limits)
- This includes ensuring that profit and loss (P&L) positioning is reviewed and that submitted predictions are reliable
- Analyse, identify and evaluate the desk risk areas
- Generate and implement appropriate controls and solutions to address desk gaps and to mitigate against risk exposure
- Understand dynamics in the market and apply this knowledge to identify and evaluate potential desk exposures
- Display a workable knowledge of relevant systems and interdependencies between these systems
- Understand and stay close to the needs, wants, motivational perceptions and trading behaviors of desk client groups to ensure solution relevance
- Learning the dynamics off and lending assistance to Senior Traders on the delta
- Engage actively with key interest rate option clients, manage their orders and alert them on opportunities.
- Relevant Degree (e.g. BSc, BCom Mathematical, Economic, Statistical field)
- Completion of required legal registrations (registered persons and the requirements)
- In-depth knowledge of:
Global and financial markets
Global Market products
Application of economic data eg. inflation rates
Baseline coding skills
Good understanding of IR and FX Vol pricing - must have the ability to price caps/floors vs swaptions vs bond options
Understanding the difference between yield volatility, price volatility, lognormal and normal volatility pricing frameworks.
Please submit your CV directly to Adi Steiner @ Redi Recruitment ((email address)) with the position applied for in the subject line.